Applying for insurance online
Alpha Credit Protection
Can I apply online for credit and loan insurance plans?
Yes, you can apply for the Alpha Credit Protection and Alpha Credit Protection Plus plans. You can apply on your computer, using myAlpha Web:
- On the home screen, click on “New Products”.
- Scroll down to the “Insurance products” section and choose between Alpha Credit Protection and Alpha Credit Protection Plus.
- Choose the card you want to insure and find out your monthly premiums and the covers provided by the plan. Click on “Continue”.
- Confirm your personal details. Read and accept the Insurance Intermediary Notice and the Personal Data Notice. Click on “Continue”.
- Confirm your application details and click on “Confirm”.
Your application is complete. Within 24 hours we will inform you whether your application has been successful by email or SMS. Premiums are payable monthly along with your minimum or full card payment.
Before you receive this confirmation, you can track your application through myAlpha Web: History > Product Applications > Alpha Credit Protection / Alpha Credit Protection Plus.
Alternatively, you can apply at an Alpha Bank branch near you.
Should I meet any requirements if I want to insure regular payments towards my debt?
Yes. Depending on your chosen plan, you should meet different requirements:
- For Alpha Individuals Insurance, you must be up to 62 years old at the start of the plan and be the borrower.
- For Alpha Borrowers Insurance, you must be up to 60 years old at the start of the plan and be the borrower or the guarantor. You must also fill in the health status questionnaire. You will not be charged for any diagnostic tests you may be asked to undergo.
- For Alpha Credit Protection, you must be 18 to 60 years old at the start of the plan and be a credit card holder.