About health insurance terms and conditions
At what age is my child eligible for a health insurance plan?
- 30 days old for Alpha Global Medical Care.
- From day 1 for Alpha Health Premium and Alpha Health Classic.
Can I add dependants to my Alpha Global Medical Care policy?
About health insurance covers
Can I adjust the hospitalisation cost limit, hospital room category and excess for each insured member?
What does excess mean for hospitalisation costs?
The excess is the part of your hospitalisation costs that you have to pay on your own. You can choose among 5 options: €500, €1,500, €3,000, €5,000, or €9,000.
You do not need to pay anything:
- When you are hospitalised through your social insurance fund and have opted for €500 as your excess.
- When you need to undergo surgery for serious medical conditions, such as heart disease or cancer, are hospitalised through your insurance fund, and have opted for €1,500 as your excess.
- Every time you are hospitalised after your 2nd hospitalisation within the same year.
- In case of emergency hospitalisation abroad.
What is a diagnostics insurance plan?
It provides coverage for diagnostic tests for health conditions due to illness or accident.
The tests covered by the plan are exclusively carried out by affiliated diagnostic centres, clinics and doctors anywhere in Greece.
Do health insurance plans include dental coverage?
I have a scheduled hospital admission coming up. What should I do?
- Affiliated hospitals: During your admission, inform the hospital you have an insurance policy with Generali. If you have opted for a premium affiliated hospital, a Generali employee will be there to escort you and guide you through the admission process.
- Non-affiliated hospitals: Call the Healthcare Helpline (+302108096100) at least 1 day prior to your admission.
- Hospitalisation abroad: Call the Healthcare Helpline (+302108096100) at least 7 days before you travel, to receive coverage confirmation. If you are unable to travel alone and need healthcare transport, call the Healthcare Helpline 15 days before you travel. Within 3 days Generali will inform you of the necessary procedures by phone or email.
I was urgently admitted to hospital. What should I do?
Affiliated hospitals: During your admission, you or a caregiver should inform the hospital that you have an insurance policy with Generali. If you have opted for a premium affiliated hospital, a Generali employee will be there to escort you and guide you through the admission process.
Non-affiliated hospitals: Call the Health Helpline (+302108096100) within 48 hours from your admission.
What is My e-Doctor and how can I get it?
This online service provides:
- 24/7 access to doctors of various specialties, who can offer advice and guidance. You can have a teleconference with the doctor, wherever you are.
- An automated symptom checker that allows you to enter your symptoms in a chat window and get an answer immediately.
- A personal medical record. Both you and the affiliated doctors have direct and immediate access to your record.
My e-Doctor is included with every new insurance policy. To use the service, simply download the My e-Doctor app on your phone.