Where can I view my account balance?
On the dashboard, once you log in to myAlpha Web or myAlpha Mobile.
You can view the available balance on each of your accounts in the Accounts section of the Overview. If you click or tap on the account, both the available balance and the gross balance appear.
Your available balance represents the funds you can use right away. Your gross balance is the overall balance in your account at any given moment, though some of the funds may not be available, as they have already been used for a transaction.
This happens when there are credit or debit transactions that are still pending. For example, a purchase made with your debit card that has not cleared yet or an incoming payment that has yet to be credited to your account:
- In the case of the purchase, the amount you have already spent has not left your account yet. Therefore, it still appears in the gross balance, though not in the available balance, as it has already been spent.
- In the case of the incoming payment, we have received the payment details from the other bank, but have not yet received the actual amount. Therefore, the amount does appear in the gross balance, but has not yet reached your account, which means it is not yet available.
How can I open a new account with Alpha Bank?
If you don’t bank with us, you can open your first account with Alpha Bank through your mobile phone.
If you do bank with us, you can open an account through myAlpha Web:
- Alpha Smart Save savings account.
- Alpha online term deposit and Alpha online term deposit with Bonus.
For any other type of account, book an appointment at a branch near you.
How can I open an Alpha Smart Save account?
- Log in to myAlpha Web.
- On the menu, choose: New products > Alpha Smart Save.
- Confirm the email address and mobile phone number to which you want the notification for your new account sent.
- Read and accept to the product terms.
- Click on “Next”.
- Check that your personal details are accurate and click on “Next”.
Your application is complete and your account is now ready to use. At the same time, you will receive an SMS and an email confirming your account has been created.
The account will automatically open under your name. If you wish to add joint account holders, or your details are not up-to-date, you will need to visit a branch near you.