About transactions at an ATM
The ATM captured my card. What should I do?
Alternatively, you can report a lost card and ask for a replacement through myAlpha Web, myAlpha Mobile, or by calling us on +302103260000 24/7.
If this happened at an Alpha Bank ΑΤΜ that is not located at an Alpha Bank branch: Report a lost card and ask for a replacement through myAlpha Web, myAlpha Mobile, or by calling us on +302103260000 24/7.
What transactions can I carry out at an ATM?
- Cash withdrawals.
- Payments to the government or organisations by charging your account. At most ATMs, you can pay your bills simply by scanning the barcode on them.
- Credit card payments as well as personal and consumer loan payments by charging your account.
- Cash deposits and transfers to your own or another holder’s Alpha Bank account.
- Prepaid card top-ups with cash or by charging your account.
- Account, card or loan balance checks, with an option to print out the last 10 transactions on your account.
- Card activations and PIN changes.
Am I charged for the transactions I carry out at Alpha Bank ATMs?
Any transaction your carry out using an Alpha Bank card (cash withdrawals and deposits, transfers, payments and balance checks) is free of charge.
Only payments to certain companies and organisations may incur a fee of €0.30 to €0.80.
Can I withdrawal cash at ΑΤΜs abroad?
Yes, as long as your card type (e.g. Visa, Mastercard, etc.) is accepted.
Every time you withdraw cash at a bank ATM abroad you are charged:
- €0.75 within the European Union.
- 1% on the transaction amount, with a minimum charge of €4.40, outside the European Union.
When will an ATM cash deposit appear in my account?
What is my daily cash withdrawal limit and how can I change it?
The default withdrawal limit is €850 per card.
If you wish to change your limit, you can submit a relevant request:
- On your computer, using myAlpha Web: Find the card on the home screen and click on the 3 dots on the right of the card. Choose Security settings.
- On your mobile phone, using myAlpha Mobile: Find the card on the home screen and tap on it. Choose Settings > Change limits.
- Over the phone on +302103260000.
- By email to email@example.com.
- At an Alpha Bank branch.
Is it possible to get voice instructions at ATMs?
Yes. Some ΑΤΜs allow you to plug in your earphones in the earphone jack, for use with the voice instructions option.
This makes it possible for even more people to make cash withdrawals and check the balance on their accounts.