What is myAlpha Code?
myAlpha Code is a one-off 6-digit code that enhances the safety of your transactions via myAlpha Web and myAlpha Mobile. You receive it via SMS or Viber to the mobile phone number you have registered to e-Banking with.
Which transactions require the use of myAlpha Code?
The following transactions require the use of myAlpha Code:
- fund transfers to Alpha Bank accounts which are not registered in your profile
- remittances to other domestic or foreign banks
- standing orders for fixed-amount fund transfers at regular intervals to Alpha Bank accounts of third parties
- payments to cards and consumer loans of third parties, issued by Alpha Bank or other domestic banks
- payments to betting and financial services companies
- management of your subscriptions' personal info
- οnline application for issuing debit and prepaid cards
- increasing the daily limit for fund transfers’ to third party accounts
- receiving the Alpha SecureWeb Activation Number for your cards
- bonus points transfer to third parties.
How do I receive myAlpha Code;
Each time you wish to make one of the above transactions, you will receive a free 6-digit code via SMS or Viber on your mobile phone, at the time of the transaction.
The security of your transactions depends on you as well
The mobile phone where you receive myAlpha Codes cannot be used by others to carry out transactions, unless they know both your “User ID” and “Password”.
In order to avoid this, you are advised, in the interest of your own security:
- to memorise your Alpha Web Banking security codes and not store them together with your mobile phone or your device; and
- to install antivirus software (Firewall, Antivirus, Antispyware) on your computer.