What is myAlpha Code?
myAlpha Code is an additional way to authenticate your transactions when carried out via myAlpha Web and myAlpha Mobile to enhance your safety, in line with the European Anti-Fraud Directive (PSD2/Strong Customer Authentication-SCA). Transactions that require myAlpha Code can be completed via Push Notifications or QR Codes from the myAlpha Mobile application. Alternatively, you may choose to receive myAlpha Code via Viber or SMS on the mobile phone number that you have provided us with during your e-Banking registration.
Which transactions require the use of myAlpha Code?
The following transactions require the use of myAlpha Code:
- fund transfers to Alpha Bank accounts which are not registered in your profile
- remittances to other domestic or foreign banks
- standing orders for fixed-amount fund transfers at regular intervals to Alpha Bank accounts of third parties
- payments to cards and consumer loans of third parties, issued by Alpha Bank or other domestic banks
- payments to betting and financial services companies
- management of your subscriptions' personal info
- οnline application for issuing debit and prepaid cards
- increasing the daily limit for fund transfers’ to third party accounts
- receiving the Alpha SecureWeb Activation Number for your cards
- bonus points transfer to third parties.
How can I approve a transaction that requires myAlpha Code?
Transactions that require myAlpha Code can be completed via Push Notifications or QR Codes from the myAlpha Mobile application. Alternatively, you may choose to receive myAlpha Code via Viber or SMS to the mobile phone number that you have provided us with during your registration to e-Banking.
The security of your transactions depends on you as well
The use of myAlpha Code in combination with the Username and Password of your e-Banking subscription, contributes to your stronger identification and protection. The myAlpha Code that is generated each time, is unique, is created based on the data of the transaction that you have chosen to carry out and is used exclusively for that specific transaction.
Moreover, the myAlpha Mobile application that you have installed on your mobile phone to approve your transactions via Push Notifications or QR Codes, requires both the entry of your e-Banking Username and Password, as well as the use of the 4-digit PIN or your biometric features (Fingerprint or FaceID) that you set when activating Push Notifications.
Respectively, the mobile phone on which you receive myAlpha Code via SMS or Viber cannot be used by third parties, unless they know your "Username" and "Password".
Alpha Bank constantly takes care of the maximum possible security of your transactions. However, the safety of your transactions requires your own contribution.
See here practical tips and instructions while carrying out your electronic transactions with Alpha Bank.