Surfing the web safely
View some practical advice to surf the web safely.
Alpha Bank’s secure environment
When you want to access the Alpha Bank website, you must only do it by actually typing the address of the official website: www.alpha.gr/en. You must type the address directly into your browser’s address bar and not use links you find on other websites.
It is important that you do this on currently used browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge), and their latest versions at that. Older versions may have a slower response, not be compatible or even put your computer’s security at risk.
To make sure you are in a secure environment, check that a lock icon appears at the beginning of the address and that the URL has changed to https://secure.alpha.gr/en. For a security boost, you can also check your browser settings:
- Click on the lock icon at the beginning of your address at the top of your Microsoft Edge window.
- In the appearing dialogue box, choose “Connection is secure” and click on the certificate icon on the right.
- Make sure that the “Common Name (CN)” field has been populated with the following text: secure.alpha.gr.
- Make sure that the “Organization (O)” field has been populated with the text “Alpha Services and Holdings SA”.
- Click on the lock icon at the beginning of your address at the top of your Google Chrome window.
- In the appearing dialogue box, choose “Connection is secure”.
- Make sure the “Security” field has been populated with the text “secure.alpha.gr”.
- Make sure that the “Certificate is valid” field has been populated with the text “Alpha Services and Holdings SA”.
- Click on the lock icon at the beginning of your address at the top of your Mozilla Firefox window.
Make sure that the appearing dialogue box reads “Site information for secure.alpha.gr” and “Certificate issued to Alpha Services and Holdings SA”.
Avoid public access networks
When you carry out transactions, make sure to:
- Log into secure corporate or private networks as opposed to public access networks.
- Use your own devices.
Do not answer messages you think are unusual
You might receive an email or SMS that appears to be from Alpha Bank. Such messages or SMS texts usually include a link they prompt you to use, so that scammers may steal your credentials. Under no circumstances should you answer such messages or follow the links in them. On the contrary, you should ignore and delete them.
If you happen to accidentally follow a link or answer with your credentials, call us immediately on +302103260000 so that we may deactivate your account. After listening to the recording, say “suspicion of fraud” and your call will be immediately directed to an Alpha Bank employee.
For fraud-related issues, our helpline is available 24/7.