Branch Network

Alpha Bank SA in addition to its status as a credit institution, it also acts as an insurance intermediary. For more information click here

The protection that your house deserves

Keep your peace of mind about your valuables by insuring the content of your home with the “Alpha Safe Home” plan offering you comprehensive protection against natural disasters and unforeseen risks.

Owner or tenant, get the insurance plan that enables you to benefit from a first-loss insurance for the content of your residence, without the rule of underinsurance: in other words, in case of loss, you get full compensation, up to the maximum amount you have set as coverage in your insurance policy.

Content refers to any movable item in your residence, which constitutes ordinary domestic equipment (furniture, utensils, electric appliances, garments, linen, etc.) and is intended for personal use rather than professional.

The plan is available only for main residences of up to 300 m2 which have not suffered any damage over the past three years.

Covers of the "Alpha Safe Home" insurance plan 

  • Fire/ lightning
  • Flood/storm/tempest/snow/hail/frost damage
  • Piping breakage/ leakage
  • Extensive explosion (also covering damage to the item that exploded)
  • Short-circuit (with or without heart of fire)
  • Smoke
  • Theft (also covering damage to the building due to theft)
  • Malicious acts
  • Acts of terrorism
  • Riots/ strikes/ uproar/ civil commotion
  • Vehicle collision
  • Aircraft fall
  • Glass pane breakage
  • Family liability insurance
  • Coverage of temporary accommodation, transportation expenses and damage
  • Coverage of bank safe deposit box contents
  • New for old insurance
  • Debris removal expenses
  • Temporary accommodation expenses or loss of rental fees
  • Earthquake and/or fire due to earthquake (optional cover for residences built after 1960)

Frequent questions

Can I get home insurance if I am renting?

You can insure your home contents with the Alpha Safe Home insurance plan.

How do I estimate the value of my home contents?

According to your actual needs:

  • €35,000 or €65,000 for homes up to 130 square metres.
  • €65,000 or €100,000 for homes larger than 130 square metres.

For example, if you are renting a 90 sqm home and you estimate the contents at €52,000, you should get coverage for €65,000 to be on the safe side.