Distinctions in 2016
Euromoney “Awards for Excellence 2016”
Alpha Bank was named “Best Bank in Greece” for 2016 in the “Awards for Excellence 2016” event organised by the “Euromoney” international financial publication:
- “Best Bank in Greece” for 2016. The award was presented to the Bank for its successful return to profitability and for its strong capital base after its successful Share Capital Increase in November 2015, which was covered solely by private investors.
Extel Survey 2016
In the framework of Extel's annual survey of leading professionals in the financial services sector in Europe Alpha Bank received the following distinctions:
- Alpha Bank’s Investor and Analyst Relations Division ranked 1st in Greece, for the third consecutive year, out of 28 companies
- The Bank ranked 11th in Europe out of a total of 137 European banks
- The General Manager Mr. Vassilios E. Psaltis was voted Best CFO in Greece and 9th in Europe, out of a total of 97 CFOs of European banks
- The Manager of the Investor and Analyst Relations Division, Mr. Dimitrios Kostopoulos, was voted Best IR Professional in Greece and 13th in Europe
- The Division’s Assistant Manager Ms. Elena Katopodi was voted 2nd Best IR Professional in Greece and 14th in Europe
- The Division's Senior Relations Officer, Mr. Marios Deportou, was voted 3rd Best IR Professional in Greece and 19th in Europe
- The Managing Director - CEO of the Bank, Mr. Demetrios P. Mantzounis, was voted Best CEO in Greece and 18th in Europe, out of a total of 106 CEOs of European banks.
E-banking and digital presence
In 2016, Alpha Bank won numerous distinctions for its advanced e-banking services and for its overall digital presence. These included the following:
Global Finance Magazine – Best Digital Banks 2016
- “Digital Bank of Distinction for Western Europe” award, ranking Alpha Bank among the most important “digital banks” worldwide.
Mobile Excellence Awards 2016
- Gold prizes in the “Mobile Banking Services” category for the Alpha Mobile Banking service and in the “Redesign-Prelaunch Mobile app” category for the redesigned Alpha Mobile Banking electronic transactions platform.
E-Bizz Awards 2016
- “Banking Innovation of the Year” distinction for the new interface of Alpha e-Banking for Individuals.
Event Awards 2016 – Boussias Communications
- Gold prizes in the “Digital Experience” and “Design/Branding” categories, for the TEDxAcademy 2015 event “The evolution of everyday banking”.
- Silver prize in the “Event of the Year” category for the organisation of “Dine Athens”.
Ermis Awards 2015
- Gold awards in the “Brand sites” category for the new Alpha e-Banking for Individuals and in the “Mobile Banking apps" category for the new Alpha Mobile Banking app (iOS, Android).
Best practices and quality management
In 2016, the European Society Quality Research (ESQR) Organisation awarded to Alpha Bank, for the second consecutive year, the honorary distinction “European Award for Best Practices 2016”, in recognition of its efforts for the systematic upgrading of the quality of its services and operations.
In the same year, Alpha Bank was singled out for its successful alignment with international information security standards. More specifically:
- In the framework of the annual evaluation by the independent certification body Bureau Veritas, the Information Security Division maintained its certification in accordance with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 International Standard, for the “design, development, operation, management and support of information security for the Alpha Bank Group”. The standard sets strict Insurance in all areas that affect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information at all stages of its “lifecycle” (creation, use, processing, transmission, storage and destruction).
- In July 2016, the Bank was recertified in accordance with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Date Security) Standard, as Level 1 Service Provider and Level 4 Merchant. The standard provides that the Bank must maintain in effect and strictly observe strong security measures in 12 different areas.
Distinctions in 2015
Extel Survey 2015
In June 2015, in the context of Extel's annual survey of leading professionals in the financial services sector in Europe, Alpha Bank and the Investor and Analyst Relations Division ranked respectively:
- 1st in Greece out of 30 companies and
- 12th in Europe out of a total of 100 European companies (from 19th in 2014).
According to the survey of the predictions of the major currencies’ exchange rates, carried out on a monthly basis by the Reuters international network, the Market and Product Analysis Section of Alpha Bank’s Investment Portfolio Division ranked:
- 2th, 18th, and 17th worldwide for the accuracy of its predictions of the EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY exchange rates, respectively, for the quarter completed in September 2015
- 13th, 10th, and 11th worldwide, for the EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY exchange rates, respectively, for the quarter completed in March 2015.
According to the monthly survey of the Bloomberg network, the Market and Product Analysis Section of Alpha Bank’s Investment Portfolio Analysis Division ranked:
- 2nd worldwide for the accuracy of its forecasts of the USD/CHF and EUR/JPY exchange rates, for the 3rd quarter of 2015.
E-banking and digital presence
During 2015, Alpha Bank also won major distinctions for the fully upgraded Alpha e-Banking services for Individuals.
Lighthouse e-volution awards 2015
- Gold award in the “Usability” category for Alpha e-banking for Individuals
- Gold award in the “Alpha Mobile Banking” category for Alpha Mobile Banking app for Individuals
- Gold award in the “Innovative Services” category for Alpha Web Banking for Individuals
- Silver award in the “Design-Aesthetics” category for Alpha e-banking for Individuals.
Social Media Awards 2015
- Silver award for the best use of social media in the banking sector (Banking, “Corporate Social Media Alpha Bank Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube”)
- Silver award for the best use of LinkedIn (“Corporate Social Media Alpha Bank LinkedIn”).
Business IT Excellence (BITE) Awards 2015
- 1st (“Top Award”) in the “Business Continuity” category.
- The Bank also received one of the five “Top Awards” of the event, for achieving one of the highest scores among candidates in all categories.