Global Private Banking Awards 2019
Alpha Bank was named “Best Private Bank in Greece” for 2019 at the "Global Private Banking Awards 2019” that were held in London, on October 31, 2019, organised by the internationally acclaimed publications “Professional Wealth Management (PWM)” and “The Banker” of the Financial Times Group.
Distinctions for Alpha Bank Group in the Extel Survey for the fifth consecutive year
Alpha Bank gained distinctions, for the fifth consecutive year in the Extel Survey, the long-standing independent study aiming to highlight the best professionals across the European Equities Investment industry, on a yearly basis.
According to the 2019 Survey results, Alpha Bank ranked 1st in Greece in all categories. More specifically:
Our Chief Executive Officer, Vassilios Psaltis was voted Best CEO in Greece.
Our Chief Financial Officer, Lazaros Papagaryfallou was voted Best CFO in Greece.
Alpha Bank’s Investor Relations was ranked 1st in Greece (Corporate Best for Investor Relations).
Dimitrios Kostopoulos, Head of IR and Elena Katopodi, Deputy Head, were voted at the top 2 positions as IR Professionals in Greece amongst all Greek corporates.
Major distinctions for www.alpha.gr at the Ermis Awards
Alpha Bank’s new, redesigned website www.alpha.gr won the following two major distinctions for its improved design and user experience at the Ermis Awards 2018, Greece’s foremost and oldest institution showcasing creativity in communication:
- Silver Award in the “UI & Usability” category
- Bronze Award in the “Corporate Sites” category
Alpha Bank received the following distinctions at the Hellenic Responsible Business Awards 2019:
- Gold Award in the Business – NGO Collaboration category, for the “Together, for better health” programme.
- Silver Award in the Disaster Relief category, for its “Response to Natural Disasters”.
- Silver Award in the Best Printed Edition / Corporate Responsibly Report category, for its “Corporate Responsibility Report 2017”.
“Voted Product of the Year” 2019
Alpha Bank’s bleep app was named “Voted Product of the Year” in the “Prepaid Card” category, following the national customer survey conducted by the IRI market research company. The “Voted Product of the Year” is one of the largest and most important institutions in product innovation.
e-volution Awards 2019
Alpha Bank received a Gold and a Silver award for the bleep app at the “e-volution Awards 2019”, which reward best practices in Greek e-commerce and business.
- Golden award at the Digital Innovation category
- Silver award for the Mobile app category
In 2018, Alpha Bank won important awards which confirm the quality of the services and products it provides to its Customers.
National Customer Service Awards 2018
Alpha Bank received the “Team of the Year: Customer Service” (Large Organisation Category) award for the bleep app, by the Hellenic Institute of Customer Service, at the National Customer Service Awards.
Global Private Banking Awards 2018
Alpha Bank was named “Best Private Bank in Greece” for 2018 at the "Global Private Banking Awards 2018” that were held in London, on November 7, 2018, organised by the internationally acclaimed publications “Professional Wealth Management (PWM)” and “The Banker” of the Financial Times Group.
Social Media Awards 2018
Alpha Bank was distinguished for its successful social media presence, at the Social Media Awards 2018. Specifically, it won the following awards:
- Bronze Award for the best use of social media in Financial Services (Financial Services, “Corporate Social Media Alpha Bank Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube”)
- Bronze Award for the best use of LinkedIn (“Corporate Social Media Alpha Bank LinkedIn”)
Mobile Excellence Awards 2018
Alpha Bank, continuing to receive awards for its novel and innovative electronic services, received five major distinctions at the Mobile Excellence Awards 2018. Specifically, myAlpha Mobile and myAlpha Wallet received one Grand Award, two Gold Awards and two Silver Awards in the following categories:
- Grand Award for the multiple distinctions of the Alpha Bank Mobile applications
- Gold Awards in the "Mobile Banking Services" and "Mobile Wallet" categories
- Silver Awards in the "Business Process Re-engineering though Mobile" and "Use of Mobile for P2P Payment" categories for myAlpha Mobile.
Alpha Bank named “Best Bank in Greece” for 2018 by the international financial publication “Euromoney”
Alpha Bank was named “Best Bank in Greece” for 2018, at the “Awards for Excellence 2018”, held by the international financial publication “Euromoney”, at a special event in London, on July 11, 2018.
The award is presented annually to banks whose dynamic profile in the international and regional markets in which they operate sets them apart from the competition and are chosen following an in-depth analysis of their qualitative and quantitative figures. According to the selection committee, Alpha Bank was distinguished for its superior performance in 2018 ECB’s Stress Tests among Greek systemic Banks, as well as its solid operational profitability, the highest in the sector for another consecutive year.
Major distinctions for Alpha Bank Group on “Extel Survey 2018”
Alpha Bank gained significant distinctions in the annual international survey conducted by Extel, aiming to highlight the best professionals at a Pan-European level.
More specifically, Alpha Bank's Managing Director – CEO, Mr. Demetrios P. Mantzounis was voted 2nd Best CEO in Greece and 19th in Europe, out of a total of 97 CEOs of European Banks.
Alpha Bank's General Manager – Chief Financial Officer, Mr Vassilios E. Psaltis was voted Best CFO in Greece and 7th in Europe, out of a total of 92 CFOs across European Banks.
The Bank's Investor Relations professionals, Mr Dimitrios Kostopoulos, Head of Investor Relations and Mrs Elena Katopodi, Deputy Manager of Investor Relations, reached the top 2 positions amongst all Greek corporates as IR Professionals in Greece, occupying positions within the top 10 IR professionals for Banks on a Pan-European level, out of a total of 328.
More than 11,300 investment professionals participated in the Extel Survey 2018, from a total of 2,923 buy-side and sell-side firms and 1,531 listed companies, covering a broad spectrum of industries, such as banking, pharmaceuticals, automobile, oil industry, telecommunications, transportation, utilities and others.
The results above are indicative of Alpha Bank's strong recognition among the investment community, with foreign institutional investors comprising 81% of our total shareholder's base.
Alpha Bank won more major distinctions in 2017, for its performance in the field of financial services and for the implementation of new, innovative technologies.
Extel Survey 2017
In the framework of Extel's annual survey of leading professionals in the financial services sector in Europe, Alpha Bank and the Investor and Analyst Relations Division ranked respectively:
- 1st in Greece (Corporate Best for Investor Relations - Greece), for the fourth consecutive year, out of 30 companies
- 9th (Corporate Best for Investor Relations - Banks) among 139 European banks
- 38th among the 100 leading companies in Europe (Top 100 Corporates Best for Investor Relations - Pan Europe).
E-banking / digital presence
- Grand Award for the multiple distinctions of the Alpha Bank mobile applications
- Gold Awards in the “Mobile Banking Services”, “Mobile App Usability” and “Mobile Wallet” categories
- Silver Award in the “Security Solution” category for the Alpha Mobile Banking app.
Lighthouse e-volution awards 2017
Alpha Bank received six important distinctions –two Gold and four Silver Awards– for myAlpha Wallet, Alpha e-Commerce and the Alpha Bank electronic payment services, in recognition of the Bank's successful design of new, innovative services to meet the needs of its Customers, both Individuals and Businesses, in the best possible way.
More specifically, Alpha Bank received the following awards:
- Gold award in the “Innovative Banking Services” category for myAlpha Wallet, the new digital wallet by Alpha Bank
- Gold award in the “Electronic Payment Systems” category for myAlpha Wallet
- Silver award in the Usability category for myAlpha Wallet
- Silver award in the “e-business Application Redesign” category for the upgraded Alpha e-Commerce platform
- Silver award in the ”Digital Strategy (e-Strategy)” category for its electronic payments strategy
- Silver award in the “B2C Payment” category for the Alpha e-Commerce service.