I am encountering problems when using my mobile device for contactless payments. What should I do?
Please check the following:
- Make sure that the terminal supports contactless payments.
- Make sure that you hold your mobile device correctly. Hold your device over the reader of the terminal and keep it steady. Do not remove it from the terminal unless you hear a beep sound which means that your card was successfully read and the screen confirming the successful reading of your card appears on the reader.
- If you know where the NFC antenna of your mobile device is located (usually at the rear of your device), hold your device in such a way that the antenna is in close proximity to the terminal. If you do not know the exact location of the antenna, you may consult the user manual of your device.
- If you are using a case with your mobile device, it is possible that the case obstructs the proper data transmission through the NFC antenna.
- Have you received an alert about an available update for the application? You should keep your application updated with the latest version in order to make contactless payments smoothly.