Alpha Bank included as a constituent of the Financial Times Stock Exchange4Good Emerging IndexAlpha Bank, after its successful assessment by the FTSE International Organisation, was included in June 2017 as a constituent of the Financial Times Stock Exchange4Good (FTSE4GOOD) Emerging Index, which assesses listed companies in terms of their environmental and social performance.
Its inclusion in the FTSE4GOOD international index proves that, in parallel with its business activity, the Bank is also highly aware of environmental and social issues.
FTSE Russell (the trading name of FTSE International Limited and Frank Russell Company), a global index provider, confirms that Alpha Bank has been independently assessed according to the FTSE4Good criteria, and has satisfied the requirements for its share to become a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series.
Created by FTSE Russell, the FTSE4Good Index Series assesses the performance of companies adopting strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices. The FTSE4Good indices are used by a wide variety of market participants to create and assess responsible investment funds and other products.
CDP – Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2017, Alpha Bank disclosed on the CDP platform the information required on its activities to deal with climate change, obtaining a score of “C”, which is the average score of the financial institutions participating in the CDP disclosure initiative.
Participation in International Organisations and Indices
The Bank participates in a number of Associations and/or Organisations that address major issues of concern to the banking sector or of broader social relevance. These include the following:
- UNEP FI (The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative): The United Nations Initiative Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is a UN initiative that promotes sustainable development with a strong focus on the protection of the environment. Alpha Bank is a member of this Initiative since 2004 and since 2012 is represented in the newly-established Social Issues Advisory Group.
- Global Sustain: This organisation provides innovative solutions and services pertaining to corporate social responsibility, the green economy and development. Its members include companies, non-profit organisations, public entities, educational institutions, societies and other private- and public-sector organisations.
- Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility: The Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility is a business-driven non-profit association. Its mission is to promote the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility to both the business community and the social environment. Alpha Bank is a member of the Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility since 2007 and participates actively in its initiatives.
Additionally, the Bank participates and is represented in various Committees and Boards of the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA), the Bank of Greece, and the Hellenic Advertisers Association. More specifically, the Bank participates in the Sustainable Development Committee of the Hellenic Bank Association, tasked with addressing issues of interest to the banking sector which are related to the environment and to sustainable development, such as:
- the financial sector’s collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
- the representation of the Greek Banks in Working Groups and in promotional and information events
- the formulation of positions and opinions for the Greek Banks on issues concerning the protection of the environment and sustainable development.