Participation in Indices
Alpha Bank included as a constituent of the Financial Times Stock Exchange4Good Emerging Index
Alpha Bank, after its successful assessment by the FTSE International Organisation, remained in June 2019 as a constituent of the Financial Times Stock Exchange4Good (FTSE4GOOD) Emerging Index, which assesses listed companies in terms of their environmental and social performance.
CDP – Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2018, Alpha Bank disclosed on the CDP platform the information required on its activities to deal with climate change, obtaining a score of “B-”, improving its performance compared to the 2017 score.
Vigeo Eiris – Best EM Performers
Alpha Bank, after its successful assessment by Vigeo Eiris, was included for the first time in 2019 in the Best Emerging Market Performers Ranking, which includes the 100 best performing companies from the Emerging Markets, in terms of their ESG (Environmental – Social – Governance) performance.
MSCI ESG Ratings
Alpha Bank, after its MSCI ESG Ratings assessment, obtained a score of A (in an evaluation scale of AAA - CCC). The Bank’s score has been improved for the third consecutive year.
THE USE BY ALPHA BANK OF ANY MSCI ESG RESEARCH LLC OR ITS AFFILIATES (“MSCI”) DATA, AND THE USE OF MSCI LOGOS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS OR INDEX NAMES HEREIN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE A SPONSORSHIP, ENDORSEMENT, RECOMMENDATION, OR PROMOTION OF ALPHA BANK BY MSCI. MSCI SERVICES AND DATA ARE THE PROPERTY OF MSCI OR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS, AND ARE PROVIDED ‘AS-IS’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY. MSCI NAMES AND LOGOS ARE TRADEMARKS OR SERVICE MARKS OF MSCI.
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI)
In January 2019, Alpha Bank was included for the first time in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI). This index is a key source of qualitative information on gender equality issues.
Participation in International Organisations and Indices
The Bank participates in a number of Associations and/or Organisations that address major issues of concern to the banking sector or of broader social relevance. These include the following:
- UNEP FI (United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative): The United Nations Initiative Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is a UN initiative that promotes sustainable development with a strong focus on the protection of the environment. Alpha Bank is a member of this Initiative since 2004 and is actively involved in the global effort to create a sustainable future for the economy and the planet, by endorsing (as Founding Signatory) the six Principles of Responsible Banking, which provide a comprehensive framework for responsible and sustainable banking, across the whole range of banking activities.
- Global Sustain: This organisation provides innovative solutions and services pertaining to corporate social responsibility, the green economy and development. Its members include companies, non-profit organisations, public entities, educational institutions, societies and other private- and public-sector organisations.
- Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility: The Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility is a business-driven non-profit association. Its mission is to promote the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility to both the business community and the social environment. Alpha Bank is a member of the Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility since 2007 and participates actively in its initiatives.
Additionally, the Bank participates and is represented in various Committees and Boards of the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA), the Bank of Greece, and the Hellenic Advertisers Association. More specifically, the Bank participates in the Sustainable Development Committee of the Hellenic Bank Association, tasked with addressing issues of interest to the banking sector which are related to the environment and to sustainable development, such as:
- the financial sector’s collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
- the representation of the Greek Banks in Working Groups and in promotional and information events
- the formulation of positions and opinions for the Greek Banks on issues concerning the protection of the environment and sustainable development.