Alpha e-Commerce and Security
Alpha Bank offers the Alpha e-Commerce service in accordance with the international best practices for e-commerce payments and most up-to-date international security standards.
The high security level of the Alpha e-Commerce service is ensured by the following:
- Card data (card number, CVV2/CVC2, expiration date etc.) are transmitted/ transferred over the Internet in an encrypted format (using SSL 128-bit encryption) and are not accessible by your e-shop.
- All systems and procedures used by Alpha Bank block unauthorised third parties from accessing the Bank’s data and information systems.
- Alpha Bank’s payment page, in which the merchant’s customers enter their card details, bears a digital certificate to allow anybody to check its authenticity, i.e. to make sure that it is a genuine web page of the Alpha e-Commerce service of Alpha Bank.
- Administration and management of the Alpha e-Commerce service are carried out by authorised persons of your company, who are issued with personal access codes (username and password).
- If the issuing bank supports the use of a password for the execution of online card payments and the cardholder has registered for this service and has received such a code, the Alpha e-Commerce service asks automatically the cardholder (your customer) to type his/her password.
- The Alpha e-Commerce service is fully compatible with the 3D-Secure security protocols Visa Secure, Mastercard Identity Check, American Express SafeKey® and Diners ProtectBuy, of the corresponding international card organisations, for secure on-line card payments.
With this mechanism, after entering his/her card details, the Customer will be asked to enter his/her 3D-Secure code in order for the cardholder verification process to take place. Verification is carried out by the issuing bank, after which the Customer is redirected back to the transaction page, in order for the transaction to be completed.