1. What is "Alpha Mobile Banking" and what does it offer? Alpha Mobile Banking offers you the ability (via mobile phones that support WAP tecnology) to:
Inquire - on accounts (information on balances, 10 last transactions, cheques) - on credit cards issued by Alpha Bank and loans 'Alpha Epilogi'/Alpha 700 (information on balances, last transactions after the issuance of the last statement) - on housing/other loans (information on balances, 10 last transactions, cheques)
Directly transfer funds between accounts of the same currency
Pay - Cards issued by Alpha Bank/Loans 'Alpha Epilogi'-Alpha 700 - Telephony-Internet bills (¤.ď.┼., COSMOTE, VODAFONE-Bill payment, VODAFONE-Air-time recharge˛, WIND, TELLAS, FORTHNET, HELLAS ONLINE, LANNET, VOICENET, VIVODI, COSMOLINE, NET ONE, CYTA HELLAS) - Greek public sector fees (Electricity company (DEH), IKA's Contribution Fees, V.A.T., O.A.E.E.(T.E.V.E.-T.A.E.-T.S.A.) - Other companies bills(Multichoice).
2. What do I need to do in order to gain access to "Alpha Mobile Banking"?
Own a mobile phone that supports the WAP protocol.
Hold at least an Alpha Bank deposit account in Euro.
Become a subscriber of "Alpha Web Banking" (if you are not already one), by filling in an application form either at any Branch of the Bank or via the Internet by pressing HERE or by simply calling on 801 11 326 0000 or 210 326 0000 (everyday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. local time).
Enter the necessary settings to your mobile phone, following the instructions of your telecommunications operator, bearing in mind the specific instructions for Alpha Mobile Banking that you can find HERE.
3. Are all functions of the service available 24 hours a day ?
24 hours a day you can :
Make inquiries - for the balance, the 10 last transactions and the cheques of your accounts - for the balance, the last transactions after the issuance of the last statement of your credit cards issued by Alpha Bank and loans 'Alpha Epilogi'/Alpha 700 - for the balance, the 10 last transactions and the cheques of your housing/other loans
Enter orders for the payment of - credit cards issued by Alpha Bank and loans 'Alpha Epilogi'/Alpha 700 - Telephony-Internet bills (¤.ď.┼., COSMOTE, VODAFONE-Bill payment, VODAFONE-Air-time recharge˛, WIND, TELLAS, FORTHNET, HELLAS ONLINE, LANNET, VOICENET, VIVODI, COSMOLINE, NET ONE, CYTA HELLAS) - Greek public sector bills (Electricity company (DEH), IKA's Contribution Fees, V.A.T., O.A.E.E.(T.E.V.E.-T.A.E.-T.S.A.) - Other companies bills(Multichoice).
From 7.30 a.m. until 11.00 p.m. you can :
Directly transfer funds between accounts of the same currency
Immediately recharge your VODAFONE mobile with air-time
4. Can I use the service from any mobile phone? All mobile phones support the WAP protocol, therefore all is needed is a subscription to a mobile telecomunication company that provides access to WAP environment and the activation of that feature.
5. Can I use the service abroad? The service functions, in addition to Greece, in those countries where the telecommunications operators have made an agreement of transmitting data communications to Greece.
6. Is there a charge by the Bank for using this service? The service is offered by the Bank free of charge.(You pay the cost of data call to the telecommunications operator, of which you are a subscriber. Ask your telecommunications operator about the charges for its data call service).
7. Is the service secure? Yes, it is secure. In addition to the security provided by the mobile telecommunications networks, the service supports the WTLS protocol, which is similar to the SSL on the Internet and which ensures the encryption of data. In order to confirm that your mobile phone supports the above protocols you may contact your telecommunications operator.
In case you have activated the "Additional Password services", in order to signon to the service, you must also fill-in in the respective field the "Additional Password (6-digits code)" that is produced by the "Additional Password device". The usage of additional password is also required for the execution of certain transactions (e.x. fund transfers to third parties' accounts). The usage of the Device in combination with the User ID and Password provides stronger identification of the subscriber. The unique code that is produced each time by the device is based on a counter and a static, undetachable, symmetric key that is installed by the manufacturer at the device as well as at the central system of the Bank
9. If I do not hold an account with the Bank, how long will it take to open an account and gain access to "Alpha Mobile Banking"? Opening an account is a procedure, directly performed at any Alpha Bank Branch. The duration of the procedure in order to gain access to "Alpha Mobile Banking" service depends on the accuracy of the application form (correct data and attached forms) and it is normally completed within 10 days.
10. I have submitted an application form in order to subscribe to the service. How will I receive my security codes ? After you receive your Password by post (at the address submitted in your application form), you can go to any Alpha Bank branch, in order to receive your "Subscriber's card" (on which the User ID is mentioned).
11. Are the security codes that I received, valid only for "Alpha Mobile Banking" ? They are also valid for transactions via "Alpha Web Banking" service. The only difference is that you can use only the first password code to enter to "Alpha Mobile Banking" service.
12. I am already an "Alpha Web Banking" subscriber. Are the security codes of this service valid for "Alpha Mobile Banking" as well, or do I have to fill-in an application form and get other ones? You don't have to fill-in an application form to get other security codes. The "Alpha Mobile Banking" service is automatically available with the codes you already have.
15. What will happen if I mistakenly enter wrong Password ? What must I do ? If you mistakenly enter wrong password for 6 successive times, the system will not allow you to log in for security reasons. In such a case, you should go to any Alpha Bank Branch and fill in an application form in order to : a. Re-activate your password code, in case you think you remember it, b. Get a new password, in case you forgot it.
18. I would like to add/remove an account/card/ third party account/payment. What must I do? You must fill in an application form for alterations at any Alpha Bank Branch or execute the corresponding transaction for profile changes, via Alpha Web Banking (menu "Maintenance"). For more information about this Alpha Web Banking transaction click HERE.
21. If I change my mobile phone, what must I do in order to continue using the service? In order to use the WAP-based service you have to enter to your new mobile phone the necessary settings for "Alpha Mobile Banking" service.
22. While using the service, what will happen if, a) I receive a text message, b) someone calls me? a) The message will be stored and a relative notice will appear (depending on the phone). b) The call will be diverted.
24. Who should I contact in case of queries or need of assistance? For mobile phone settings' issues you should contact your telecommunications operator. For any information or queries about our Alpha Mobile Banking service, you may call us at 801 11 326 0000 or 210 326 0000, (everyday 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. local time) or send us your question by selecting “Contact us” on the top of this site’s every page.