Alpha Bank A.E. uses “cookies" on its websites in order to provide visitors with a safer and more efficient environment. By choosing to continue to browse our websites, you accept the use of “cookies". For details, see the Cookies Policy paragraph under the Terms of Use.
   

HomeContact usHelpSite mapTerms of use┼╦╦ă═╔╩┴ Search


You are here: Homepage: About Alpha Bank: The Bank: Chronology: 1970:
   
   
1870
1910
1920
1930
1940
1950
1960
1970
1970-1974
1975-1979
1980
1990
2000
2010
 
1970-1974

   

1970 | 1971| 1972| 1973

1970




• Installation of a Computer Centre which will gradually support an ever-growing spectrum of the operations of the Bank.



  View of the installation room of the
electronic computer of the Bank
Picture taken from the
Annual Report of the Bank, 1972

1971


• Savings-deposit passbooks’ updating is mechanically supported while the automated ''Teller'' system is rapidly developed.



The NCR 42 machine whose use changes
radically the transaction procedures of the Bank.
Image taken from the internal communication publication “To Periodiko mas (Our Magazine)”, 1970
Alpha Bank Historical Archives

1972





• Yannis S. Costopoulos is named Managing Director.

 

 

 

 







• Change of name of the Bank from ''Commercial Credit Bank'' to ''Credit Bank''.

 

 

 



 

• Introduction of the new corporate logo that derives from the reverse of the first coin in Greece which was struck in Aegina. The obverse of the coin depicts a sea turtle, because of the island’s naval power, while the reverse portrays an irregular incuse square divided with prongs into quadrants.






 

 

 

 




 

• With the establishment of the Iraklion Branch in Crete, the Bank achieves presence in the 10 major cities of the country.

 

 

 







 

• In the context of the new corporate identity the Bank inaugurates the ''rural service'' with the launch of Mobile Branches serving remote areas. This original method for directly providing banking services to the public will be widely employed until the 1990s.

 


Yannis S. Costopoulos
Managing Director of the Credit Bank
Part of a photograph
Alpha Bank Historical Archives


    


Certificate of ten shares of the Credit Bank, 1977
Alpha Bank Historical Archives


 

 
Aegina
Silver stater, 480-456 BC
Alpha Bank Numismatic Collection (3939)



The new corporate logo of the Credit Bank
From the Corporate Identity manual,1972
Alpha Bank Historical Archives





The listed building of the Iraklion Branch
in the early 1980s
Photograph
Alpha Bank Historical Archives





Advertising brochure for the Mobile
Branches of the Bank, 1972
Alpha Bank Historical Archives

1973


• A new management structure is established which takes into account the growth perspective of the Bank. 

 

• The completion of the new corporate identity offers the opportunity to introduce innovations into the Bank’s operations and to promote the modern banking concept.

 


 

 



• Participation in the first Mutual Fund ''Delos'' brokered through an ever-growing network of Branches.




• Demetrios P. Mantzounis begins his career at the Bank in the Loans Section of the Main Branch.

 


 


 







Information brochure for the new
corporate identity of the Credit Bank, 1973
Alpha Bank Historical Archives


 



Demetrios P. Mantzounis
Photograph taken from the internal
communication publication
“Astrapi (Lightning)”, 1977
Alpha Bank Historical Archives  


  Print

   
Alpha Bank A.E. uses “cookies" on its websites in order to provide visitors with a safer and more efficient environment. By choosing to continue to browse our websites, you accept the use of “cookies". For details, see the Cookies Policy paragraph under the Terms of Use.