• In October 2015, Alpha Bank affirmed its strong capital position, as it posted the lowest capital requirements, under the baseline scenario, among all Greek banks reviewed in the framework of the European Central Bank’s Comprehensive Assessment. In November 2015, Alpha Bank was the first of the four Greek systemic banks to successfully complete a Euro 2.563 billion Share Capital increase, with no use of State aid, exclusively through private placement to Greek and foreign private
• On July 17, 2015, Alpha Bank A.E. and Eurobank Ergasias S.A. announced the main business terms of the agreement on the transfer of the operations of Alpha Bank’s Branch in Bulgaria to Eurobank’s subsidiary in Bulgaria, Eurobank Bulgaria AD.
• The key projects involving the operational integration of the former Citibank Network in Greece with the Network of Alpha Bank and the migration of the Diners Club cards to the Bank’s Systems, were successfully completed in the second half of the year.
• On January 23, 2015 the entire share capital of “CARDLINK Societe Anonyme for the Management and Operation of Electronic Transactions Networks” (Cardlink S.A.), held by Alpha Bank A.E. and Eurobank Ergasias S.A. at 50% each, was sold to a company of the Quest Holdings Group.
• On January 16, 2015, the sale of all the shares held by the Bank in its insurance Group Company in Cyprus, Alpha Insurance Limited, was completed.
• Alpha Bank fully upgraded its Alpha Web Banking and Alpha Mobile Banking services receiving four major distinctions in the 2016 Lighthouse e-volution awards.